Saturday, July 30, 2011

{Cleaning} Apron


To make it easier for the kids to do their cleaning jobs I made them Cleaning Aprons. The aprons have pockets to hold the cleaners & rags.


I had some jean material to use. Cut 2 pieces of fabric into a rectangle(23"x15"). Cut 2 pieces of fabric(23"x7") for the pocket strip. Nice & heavy Duty.


Sew around. I didn't sew a finished edge because they only use them once a week & with jean I like the "aged" look.

For the top to tie around waist:

Cut 1 piece of fabric (5"x65"). Fold in & iron.


Attach the "tie" to the top of the jean fabric. Starting at one end of the "tie" stitch across the top, side, bottom, then other side.


Finished.


You could also put grommets on the rags & use the office badge clips(found at Walmart) to attach to the apron. Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Hi, thank you for sharing. Such a great tutorial! I posted your tutorial on my blog with a link back to your blog, hope it’s ok http://makeitandwearit.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/its-your-turn-to-do-dishes-what-bummer.html
    Please write me if there is a problem makeandwear@gmail.com.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails